Coastal Living MAY 2013
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 8, 8-ounce ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.
2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until fluffy; mix in egg yolks and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to yolk mixture alternating with whole milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold gently into batter. Pour batter into prepared ramekins.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce cakes with a fork all over.
6. Combine 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup whipping cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk and rum; gradually pour over warm cake, allowing mixture to soak into cake before adding more. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until well chilled.
7. Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream, powdered sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla at medium-high speed with an electric mixture until thick. Spread over cakes. Garnish, if desired.
Go to Full Version of