Tres Leches Mini Cakes
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon dark rum, optional
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Garnishes: fresh mint, blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 8, 8-ounce ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until fluffy; mix in egg yolks and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to yolk mixture alternating with whole milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 4. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold gently into batter. Pour batter into prepared ramekins.
- 5. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce cakes with a fork all over.
- 6. Combine 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup whipping cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk and rum; gradually pour over warm cake, allowing mixture to soak into cake before adding more. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until well chilled.
- 7. Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream, powdered sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla at medium-high speed with an electric mixture until thick. Spread over cakes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note