All You JUNE 2011
1. Make cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light, about 3 minutes. Add yolks, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three parts to form a stiff batter.
3. Using clean beaters and bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Stir 1/3 of whites into batter; fold in remaining whites. Spread batter in pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Use a fork to poke holes on top of cake. Cool to room temperature on a rack.
4. Whisk together whole, condensed and evaporated milks. Pour over cake, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form. Spread over cake and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour. Garnish with fruit, if desired.
Go to full version of