Rich & simple! My first tres leches cake. This will not be my last! Loved the chocolate topping but will try it with the standard whipped cream topping as well. Also, interested in trying the cake without the milk. The cake seems like it would be as light as angel food cake.
Tres Leches Boston Cream Cake
Cake mix makes this milk-soaked dessert a cinch. Rich chocolate makes it irresistible.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Beat first 4 ingredients with an electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds, then at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Pierce top of cake multiple times using a small wooden pick.
- Combine cream, condensed milk, and evaporated milk in a small bowl; gradually pour and spread over warm cake, about 1/4 cup at a time, allowing mixture to soak into cake before pouring more. Let stand 2 hours; cover and chill overnight.
- Bring half-and-half to a boil. Pour into a medium bowl with chocolate chips, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth. Pour evenly over chilled cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts