Community Recipe from
- 1 quart(s) Water
- 2 tablespoon(s) Kosher Salt
- 3 clove(s) Garlic Crushed
- 1/3 cup(s) Honey
- 2 sprig(s) Fresh Sage Leaves Only
- 1/4 cup(s) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 whole(s) Juice and Zest of Lemon
- 4 whole(s) Chicken Breasts Bone in, skin on
- 2 slice(s) Smoke Bacon Finely Chopped
- 3 whole(s) Sweet potatoes Scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 4 whole(s) Medium Potatoes Scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 whole(s) Medium Onion Peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 sprig(s) Fresh Sage Leaves Shredded
- 1 2/3 cup(s) Chicken Broth
- 2/3 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1. Mix water, kosher salt, honey, garlic, sage leaves only, apple cider vinegar, and juice and zest of 1 lemon for brine in a large bowl; add chicken. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken; let come to room temperature. Drain chicken, discarding brine, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350F. In a roasting pan, toss the bacon, veggies, garlic, and sage with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in broth. Cook 30 minutes.
- 4. Remove veggie pan from oven; pour in cream and sprinkle with pepper and Parmesan. Add chicken, dotting pats of butter on each piece. Cook 35 minutes, or until chicken is golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Scoobydoo7513 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note