Travellers' Rest Skillet Apple Pie
Yield: pastry for one 10-inch double-crust pie
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 7 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced cooking apples
- Double-Crust 10-Inch Pastry
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixing well. Add apples, and toss gently.
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Spoon filling evenly into pastry shell.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness. Cut into 3/4- inch-wide strips, and arrange in a lattice fashion over filling. Seal edges to side of skillet. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries