This is really easy to make and gives you a lot of wonderful ideas for more treats down the road.
Trail Mix Chocolate Bark
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Suzette Kaminski
Yield: Serves 6
Cost per Serving: $.50
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup trail mix
- 1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place in freezer.
- 2. Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not let water boil, and be sure bottom of bowl does not touch water. Cook, stirring often, until chocolate has melted, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Working quickly, scrape chocolate onto chilled pan and spread into a thin layer. Sprinkle with trail mix. Place pan back in freezer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Lift bark from pan by pulling up on foil. Place bark on a cutting board and cut or break into pieces.
This recipe also appeared in the May 2011 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note