This is really easy to make and gives you a lot of wonderful ideas for more treats down the road.
Trail Mix Chocolate Bark
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Suzette Kaminski
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup trail mix
- 1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place in freezer.
- 2. Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not let water boil, and be sure bottom of bowl does not touch water. Cook, stirring often, until chocolate has melted, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Working quickly, scrape chocolate onto chilled pan and spread into a thin layer. Sprinkle with trail mix. Place pan back in freezer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Lift bark from pan by pulling up on foil. Place bark on a cutting board and cut or break into pieces.
This recipe also appeared in the May 2011 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts