The trick to get kids to eat trail mix—add just a little bit of the sweet stuff to the nutritious stuff so it tastes like a treat! Pumpkin seeds are loaded with magnesium and zinc, and the cranberries are chock-full of vitamin C and fiber.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 48 Minutes
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 54mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 1/2 cup whole natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups wheat bran flakes cereal with raisins and clusters
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place pumpkinseed kernels and almonds on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sugar and salt; toss to coat.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Let cool on pan 30 minutes.
- 4. Transfer pumpkinseed mixture to a large bowl; add cereal and remaining ingredients, tossing well.
- Kids Can Help: Kids can measure all the ingredients, pour them into the bowl, and toss. Then they can measure individual portions into snack containers so they're ready to go for the week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note