Traditional Pizza Dough
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 warm water
- 3/4 tablespoon(s) dry yeast, (or 1 1/4-oz) package
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil, plus additional as needed
- Stir together the water, yeast, and sugar. Let the mixture rest until the yeast blooms, 3-4 minutes.
- Place 3 cups of the flour and the salt in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture and oil, and stir together to form a sticky dough. Knead, adding the remaining flour a little at a time, until the dough becomes a smooth, elastic ball, about 5-8 minutes.
- If your prefer to use an electric mixer, combine the ingredients with the paddle attachment and then change to the dough hook. Add the flour, a little at a time, until the dough is smooth and comes away from the sides of the bowl, about 2-4 minutes.
- Turn the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a dry cloth. Let rise for 30 minutes in a draft-free spot before stretching or rolling into the desired shape.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Traditional Pizza Dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza
More Recipes for Main Dishes