- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage (ground or removed from casing*) *Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, separated
- 2 loaves (12 ounces each) focaccia bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 5 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water or white wine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
How to Make It
In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil until no longer pink; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and the remaining oil. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
Transfer to a greased 15 x 10 inch baking pan. Bake at 350˚F for 10 minutes or until crisp and a lightly browned, stirring once.
Remove pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
In a very large bowl reserved sausage, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and garlic. Combine eggs and water; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
Transfer to a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot.