Traditional Eggs Benedict
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 8 (1/2-ounce) Canadian bacon slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 large eggs, poached
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Cook bacon in skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until thoroughly heated, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 2 bacon slices on each muffin half. Top each with a poached egg, and drizzle evenly with Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika; serve immediately.
- Poached Eggs:
- Add water to a depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar. Break eggs and slip into water, one at a time, as close as possible to surface of water. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch