Traditional Cheese Fondue
1994 Boars' Head recipe book
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 clove(s) garlic peeled and cut in half
- 1 pound(s) gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 pound(s) Swiss Cheese shredded
- 16 ounce(s) White wine dry white
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 ounce(s) Kirsch
- 4 teaspoon(s) corn starch
- ground white pepper to taste
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Rub fondue pot with garlic and then discard garlic. Add shredded cheese, wine and lemon juice to pot. Begin heating on stove at medium heat while stirring constantly. After cheese has melted, mix corn starch with Kirsch in a small bowl, and add mixture to cheese. Stir until smooth, add pepper and nutmeg to taste and place over burner. Enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NurseELB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Traditional Cheese Fondue Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes