- 1 loaf(s) Italian bread cut into 1/2 slices
- 4 clove(s) garlic sliced in half
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/2 t dried
- 4-5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 pinch(s) fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and coarsely chop tomatoes, then drain in a strainer for 20 minutes.
- Combine oil, vinegar, basil and pepper in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add drained tomatoes to the dressing and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes, maybe 30.
- Toast bread slices on both sides under the broiler. When toasted, rub the cut side of the garlic on the top of each slice.
- Top each with some of the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to the broiler until it melts...
- Be careful, it doesn't take long and it's easy to burn
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note