- 2 1/2 pounds cubed beef
- 1 (2-pound) soup bone
- 8 medium beets, peeled and cut into 2- x 1/8-inch strips
- 4 medium carrots, scraped and thinly sliced
- 6 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
How to Make It
Combine beef and soup bone with water to cover in a large stock pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours.
Add next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Remove and discard soup bone.
Ladle into individual soup bowls; garnish with a dollop of sour cream.