Photo: Dasha Wright; Styling: Linda Hirst
This make-ahead punch is great to serve to a large crowd. If rum doesn't float your boat, you can replace it with vodka, instead.
Yield: Makes 10 cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 3 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle spiced rum
- 1 cup sweet red vermouth
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange bitters
- 2 Mandarin oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 starfruit, sliced
- 1. Bring 3 cups water and first 3 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove pan from heat, and add tea bags. Steep 10 minutes; remove tea bags, and let cool.
- 2. Combine tea mixture, rum, and next 5 ingredients in a large container. Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve. Stir in Mandarin orange, lemon, and starfruit slices just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note