Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground basil
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with juice (28 ounce)
- 1 can(s) diced green chile peppers, drained (4 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 can(s) beer (or bottled) 12 oz
- 1 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Place the ground beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring to crumble the beef, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is tender. Drain off the fat and return the pan to the stove. Combine the chili powder, cumin and basil; sprinkle over the beef. Cook and stir to coat the meat and toast the spices a little.
- Pour in the tomatoes, green chilies, tomato sauce, beer and vinegar. Bring to a boil and stir to loosen any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Mix in the brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 3 hours. Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Touchdown Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes