The honey is overpowering in the dressing. It's just an odd dressing. We thought it was an ok match for the beets, but not with the lettuce.
Tossed Greens and Beets with Pistachio Dressing
Make the dressing and prep the remaining ingredients ahead of time; store separately in the refrigerator.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup salad and about 5 beet slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Dash of salt
- 8 cups torn curly leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced beets, drained and chilled
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped. Spoon into a small bowl; chill.
- Combine lettuce, onion, and pistachio mixture in a large bowl; toss. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates, and top with beets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads