Community Recipe from
- 21/2 pound(s) rotisserie chicken
- 16 ounce(s) plain yogurt
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 can(s) 4 1/2 oz. green chilies, drained chopped
- 1 package(s) 9 oz. corn tortillas
- 1 jar(s) 16 oz. tomatillo salsa
- 1 package(s) 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack
- Food & RecipesBrowse All Recipes
- Tortilla Torta
- PRINT E-MAIL COMMENT SAVE SHARE: more
- Next Recipe: Bagel With Prosciutto, Tomato, and Gruyère
- David Prince
- Rating: Good
- Click a Star to Rate This Recipe
- Read Reviews or Write Your Own
- Serves 8| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 40m
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 16-ounce container plain yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 9-ounce package corn tortillas
- 1 16-ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 2 4 1/2-ounce cans chopped chilies, drained
- 1 8-ounce package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square or 10-by-7-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones; coarsely chop. Combine the yogurt and cream in a bowl.
- Arrange a third of the tortillas in the baking dish. Top with half the salsa, chicken, and cream-yogurt mixture; 1 can of the chilies; and a third of the cheese.
- Top with a third of the tortillas; the remaining salsa, chicken, cream-yogurt, and chilies; and a third of the cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until bubbly and the cheese is browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Susan9650 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes