From Cyndi Ray
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 21/2 pound(s) rotisserie chicken
- 16 ounce(s) plain yogurt
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 can(s) 4 1/2 oz. green chilies, drained chopped
- 1 package(s) 9 oz. corn tortillas
- 1 jar(s) 16 oz. tomatillo salsa
- 1 package(s) 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack
- Food & RecipesBrowse All Recipes
- Tortilla Torta
- PRINT E-MAIL COMMENT SAVE SHARE: more
- Next Recipe: Bagel With Prosciutto, Tomato, and Gruyère
- David Prince
- Rating: Good
- Click a Star to Rate This Recipe
- Read Reviews or Write Your Own
- Serves 8| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 40m
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 16-ounce container plain yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 9-ounce package corn tortillas
- 1 16-ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 2 4 1/2-ounce cans chopped chilies, drained
- 1 8-ounce package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square or 10-by-7-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones; coarsely chop. Combine the yogurt and cream in a bowl.
- Arrange a third of the tortillas in the baking dish. Top with half the salsa, chicken, and cream-yogurt mixture; 1 can of the chilies; and a third of the cheese.
- Top with a third of the tortillas; the remaining salsa, chicken, cream-yogurt, and chilies; and a third of the cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until bubbly and the cheese is browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Susan9650 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note