This was very tasty but I needed to add some bread crumbs when making the turkeyballs, other wise they would not take the shape of a sphere. But lovely light tasting soup .
Tortilla Soup with Chorizo and Turkey Meatballs
Smoked chorizo gives Tortilla Soup with Chorizo and Turkey Meatballs a deep, smoky flavor without overpowering. This Tortilla Soup is a perfect go-to for parties or quick get-togethers.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 21.2g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper
- 1 ounce smoked Spanish chorizo, finely chopped
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 corn tortillas, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, poblano, and chorizo; sauté 2 minutes. Add stock and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Stir in tortillas.
- 2. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and next 4 ingredients (through egg). Shape turkey mixture into 12 meatballs. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add meatballs; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Add meatballs, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and corn to stock mixture, and simmer 5 minutes. Top with cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This