Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 7 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 3/4 pound skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 (12-oz.) bag frozen whole kernel yellow corn, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (14-oz.) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14-oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 (5 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños and avocados
- 1. Combine first 11 ingredients in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on High 7 to 8 hours. Discard bay leaf and shred chicken.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch-wide strips, and place on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Stir and bake 5 more minutes or until crisp. Add table salt to taste. Serve soup with tortilla strips and toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note