Community Recipe from
- 2 quart(s) chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) onion puree
- 28-32 ounce(s) tomato puree
- 1-2 cup(s) chicken shredded
- 2 cup(s) black beans cooked
- 4-6 whole(s) tortillas diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 4-5 teaspoon(s) cilantro chopped
- pinch(s) salt
- pinch(s) pepper
- pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) corn fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice (~2 limes)
- Combine all ingredients except corn and lime juice in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add corn and lime juice and heat 15-20 more minutes, until heated through.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Note: This method is for a thicker soup. If you prefer a thinner soup broth, you can combine and heat the ingredients on the stove for 30 minutes and serve immediatel
This recipe is a personal recipe added by eroespar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes