Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 8 2/3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can(s) 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) cold water
- 2 can(s) 14 oz, creamed corn
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded American Cheese
- 5 6 inch to4rtillas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the gound beef and onions and suate for 5 minutes, ro until beef is browned. Drain excess fat and set meat aside.
- In a large pot over high heat, combine the broth, tomatoes, cumin and garlic Add the cayenne peper, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water, sirring well until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add slowly to the soup, stirring constantly, to thicken.
- Add the reserve meat, corn and cheese to the soup and stir well. Finally add the tortilla strips and allow to heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews