- 2 (4-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 (5 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 112
- fat 0.8 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- sodium 513 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 13 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook at HIGH 6 hours. Discard bay leaf.
Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch-wide strips; place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Stir and bake 5 more minutes or until crisp. Serve with soup; garnish, if desired.