I love this recipe. I have made it both with and without the half and half and love it both ways.
Don't let this long list of ingredients stop you - most of these items are in your pantry or fridge.
Yield: Makes 6 cups
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; add chicken and next 4 ingredients, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and, if desired, cheese and green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This