I love this recipe. I have made it both with and without the half and half and love it both ways.
Don't let this long list of ingredients stop you - most of these items are in your pantry or fridge.
Yield: Makes 6 cups
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; add chicken and next 4 ingredients, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and, if desired, cheese and green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note