Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 7.4%
- Protein: 45g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 289mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breasts
- 2 fresh poblano chilies (also called pasillas; 5 to 6 oz. total)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 6 corn tortillas (6 in.)
- About 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1. Rinse chicken; cut into 1-inch chunks.
- 2. Rinse chilies, then trim and discard stems, seeds, and veins. Cut chilies lengthwise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch strips.
- 3. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring chilies, onion, and broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken, cover, and simmer until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, cut tortillas into 1-inch squares. Divide squares equally among wide soup bowls.
- 5. Ladle soup over tortillas. Add lime juice to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews