- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup drained canned whole kernel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups tortilla chips, broken (2 cups = 4 oz)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, cilantro sprigs and diced avocado, optional
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic; cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Add broth and tomatoes with their liquid. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Stir in chicken, corn, cumin, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Top with tortilla chips. Add cheese, onions, cilantro and avocado, if desired.