Tortilla Scramble with Salsa
The toasted tortilla chips add a rich flavor to the Tortilla Scramble and stay crisp in the scrambled eggs.
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips (about 2 inches)
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, cut into 1/2-inch dice (2 1/2 ounces)
- Fourth-of-July Firecracker Salsa
- Grilled Tomatillo and Purple Basil Salsa
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 4 minutes, or until nicely browned. Let cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the cream to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and beat again.
- 3. Melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet. When the foam subsides, add the eggs and cook over moderately low heat, using a spatula to lift the cooked edges and tilting the skillet so the uncooked eggs seep underneath. When the eggs are almost set, add the tortilla chips and stir a few times. Add the cheese and stir once or twice, then remove the skillet from the heat. Serve the eggs at once, with the salsa on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch