This was really good and different, and the salsas were a fantastic accompaniment.
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Katherine Eckert
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 262mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup finely crushed blue-corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Pico de Gallo
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Remove silver skin from tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat covering tenderloin. Cut tenderloin into 1-inch-thick medallions.
- 2. Combine blue-corn tortilla chips and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Brush pork medallions with 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, and dredge in tortilla chip mixture, pressing mixture into medallions on all sides to thoroughly coat.
- 3. Cook pork medallions in remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with salsas. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include salsas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This