Quick and tasty - what more could you want on a weeknight?
Tortilla Chipotle Chicken Soup
This soup proves that simple ingredients can provide intense flavor. For an extra taste of Mexico, pair it with low-fat quesadillas and lime sorbet.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 983mg
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Calcium: 77mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 2 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 chipotle chili, mashed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add onion to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; sauté 15 seconds. Add broth, chipotle chili, and chili powder. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and next 3 ingredients; add chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, cut tortillas into 1/4 x 2-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer, and coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle servings evenly with cilantro and tortilla strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note