if you are looking for something different try this very good and full of flavor
Tortilla Chipotle Chicken Soup
This soup proves that simple ingredients can provide intense flavor. For an extra taste of Mexico, pair it with low-fat quesadillas and lime sorbet.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 983mg
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Calcium: 77mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 2 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 chipotle chili, mashed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add onion to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; sauté 15 seconds. Add broth, chipotle chili, and chili powder. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and next 3 ingredients; add chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, cut tortillas into 1/4 x 2-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer, and coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle servings evenly with cilantro and tortilla strips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note