It was good but I would warn others to be sure to thoroughly coat your wire baking rack. I thought I had applied enough oil but apparently it was not enough! The coating stuck to the wire when I turned the chicken a lot of the breading fell off then it took me forever to clean the rack! My fault for sure but just wanted to warn others.
Tortilla Chip-Crusted Chicken
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Leigh Anne Montgomery
Use your favorite brand of chips in this dish.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Pineapple-Kiwi Salsa (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Stir together 1/3 cup flour and next 3 ingredients.
- 3. Whisk eggs just until foamy, and stir in pressed garlic.
- 4. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 5. Dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, shaking off excess; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in crushed tortilla chips. Lightly coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
- 6. Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done, turning once after 12 minutes. Serve with Pineapple-Kiwi Salsa, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This