Tortilla Chicken Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- Cheese, shredded (optional)
- 4 cup(s) Chicken Broth or Stock (2 cans or 1 qt)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Chicken, cooked and chopped (1/2 rotisserie chicken will do fine)
- 2 teaspoon(s) Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cilantro, fresh or 1 tsp dried
- 1 can(s) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) Frozen Corn Kernels, thawed
- 1 package(s) Frozen Onions, Peppers and Celery (Seasoning Blend)
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, minced (3 teaspons minced jar)
- Green Onions, chopped (optional
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoon(s) Half and Half
- 3 tablespoon(s) Lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Red or Cayenne Pepper
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Stir 1 tbsp Cajun or Creole Seasoning into Tomatoes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Cook Onions, Peppers and Celery in oil 5 minutes or until quite soft but do not brown.
- Stir in Tomatoes, Broth, Garlic, Lime Juice and Spices. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Stir in Chicken, beans, and corn.
- Cook/Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in Half and Half and Cilantro and heat through.
- Serve with Chopped Green Onions, Cheese and Sour Cream if desired.
- Recipe is good with Quesadillas (Mexican grilled cheese)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mtturk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note