Tortilla Black Bean Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 14 oz can tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bottled picante sauce or green salsa
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 15 ounce(s) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 6 6inch corn tortillas
- 4 ounce(s) reduced fat monterey jack cheese (1 cup)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1. In a large skillet combine onion, sweet pepper, undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, cumin, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in beans.
- 2. Spread one-third of the bean mixture over the bottom of a rectangular baking dish. Top with three of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary, and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add another one-third of the bean mixture; top with remaining 3 tortillas and remaining bean mixture.
- 3 Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4 If desired, top with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, green onions, and olives, and serve with sour cream. Yields 4 servings
- Calories 295, Total Fat 8 g, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 18 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tortilla Black Bean Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes