- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 (16-ounce) carton 50%-less-fat sour cream (such as Daisy)
- 1 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut in half
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10.11-ounce) package ready-to-eat roasted chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- calories 239
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- protein 15.4 g
- carbohydrate 26.1 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 486 mg
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fiber 2.8 g
- calcium 326 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a food processor or blender; process until onion is minced.
Place tomato-onion mixture, diced tomatoes and green chiles, cumin, and crushed red pepper in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reserve 1 cup tomato sauce to serve with baked casserole. Set remaining tomato sauce aside.
Combine milk and sour cream in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended.
Arrange 18 tortilla halves in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with half of chicken, half of tomato sauce, and half of sour cream mixture. Arrange remaining tortilla halves over sour cream mixture; top with remaining chicken, half of tomato sauce, and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon reserved tomato sauce.