Tortellini & Zucchini Soup
From EatingWell: October/November 2006, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 whole(s) carrots chopped
- 1 whole(s) onion- large diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) rosemary chopped
- 28 ounce(s) vegetable broth- (2 14 ounce cans)
- 2 whole(s) zucchini diced
- 2 cup(s) tortellini (1 package fresh spinach and cheese)
- 4 whole(s) plum tomato (OR fire roasted diced can) diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar OPTIONAL
- 2 cube(s) garlic diced
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini are plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.
- Per serving: 203 calories; 8 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 10 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 400 mg potassium.
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv).
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tycoupons97 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tortellini & Zucchini Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews