- 2 pkgs (9 oz each) fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes in Sauce, undrained
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes with their sauce, the sugar and sage. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour cream into small bowl. Gradually add 1 cup of the hot tomato mixture, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Add to remaining tomato mixture in saucepan; stir until well blended. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta; place on serving platter. Top with the tomato mixture.