I've been making this recipe for years. It's a good solid recipe that you can prepare in a few minutes. I use fresh garlic instead of bottled for more flavor. It's so simple, my daughters took this recipe to college when they were learning to cook.
Tortellini with Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 11.6g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Calcium: 207mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While tortellini cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, broth, basil, salt, and baby spinach to pan; cook 2 minutes or until baby spinach wilts. Stir in tortellini; cook 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This