Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 package(s) cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 1 pinch(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/tortellini-with-pumpkin-alfredo-sauce-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes