- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini, uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 323
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 17.7 g
- carbohydrate 48.8 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 33 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 676 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While sauce simmers, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
To serve, place 1 cup pasta on each of 6 individual serving plates. Top each serving with 1/2 cup sauce, and sprinkle servings evenly with cheese.
TIME-saverUse frozen chopped onion and 2 teaspoons minced garlic from a jar instead of the fresh versions of both ingredients.