- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- calories 545
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 67 g
- sugars 7 g
- fiber 9 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 8 g
- sodium 998 mg
- cholesterol 62 mg
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, bell peppers, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the broth and tortellini. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini are cooked through and most of the broth is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
Fold in the parsley and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan.