- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 12 ounces fresh meat- or cheese-filled tortellini or 9 ounces fresh ravioli
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Topping: prepared pesto or freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Add tomato, and cook 1 minute. Stir in broth and rosemary, and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Add pasta, stirring to blend, and simmer 5 to 6 minutes more.
Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Simmer, stirring often, 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted and pasta is just tender. Ladle soup into bowls, and sprinkle with cheese or stir in a spoonful of pesto.