- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Ranch-style dressing with peppercorns, divided*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and cool.
Whisk together 1 cup dressing and eggs in a large bowl until blended. Add tortellini, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain and dredge in breadcrumbs; place on a baking sheet. Chill at least 1 hour.
Stir together remaining dressing, salsa, and cilantro; chill.
Pour oil into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry tortellini, in batches, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dip; garnish, if desired.
*1 (16-ounce) bottle Ranch-style dressing plus 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper may be substituted.
NOTE: To make ahead, fry tortellini according to directions; drain and place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 200º oven for 2 hours.