TORTELLINI SOUP WITH SAUSAGE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 5 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 can(s) (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 can(s) (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package(s) (16 oz) tortellini
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1-1/2 cup(s) zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- In a stock pot, brown the sausage over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, breaking it up and turning it over a few times during cooking. Drain well, leaving 1/2 tsp. of drippings in the pot. Set the sausage aside. Reduce heat to medium, add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until tender, 5 - 7 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, herbs, tomato sauce and sausage. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Skim off any fat. Add the tortellini and bell pepper, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add zucchini and simmer another 20 - 30 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
TORTELLINI SOUP WITH SAUSAGE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews