Light, easy, and tasty. Omitted mint and still tasted good. Felt like a healthy quick meal for the family.
Tortellini with Snap Peas and Pesto
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 392mg
- Calcium: 191mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini (such as Buitoni)
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add snap peas to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking; cook 3 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Place mint and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a mini food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl once. Combine oil and juice in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. With processor on, slowly pour oil mixture through food chute; process until well blended. Combine tortellini mixture and mint mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note