Oh my gosh! I don't normally take the time to review recipes, but I have to say this was favorite! So fresh tasting and light...with a little kick from the pepperoncini's. I could not stop eating (even though it's very filling) the taste was just so good! We paired it with a Mediterranean-seasoned, pan seared chicken breast because we are "meat at every meal" kind of family. And we used about half a can of navy beans which was still slight overkill by proportion. Absolutely delicious!
Tortellini Pepperoncini Salad
With spicy peppers, sweet cherry tomatoes, earthy beans, and lots of fresh herbs, this well-balanced meatless recipe is a meal in itself. Just serve with a glass of iced tea.
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 955mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes, spinach, peppers, cheese, capers, basil, and beans in a large bowl. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Add pasta, juice, and oil to tomato mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads