Tasty, though the 9 oz of pasta gets a bit lost. I would use more next time. We subbed Greek olives for the capers, and yes - definitely rinse the beans! Also, if you like this type of pasta salad try CL's Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Feta Vinaigrette. It's one of our favorite recipes on this site.
Tortellini Pepperoncini Salad
Photo: Karry Hosford
With spicy peppers, sweet cherry tomatoes, earthy beans, and lots of fresh herbs, this well-balanced meatless recipe is a meal in itself. Just serve with a glass of iced tea.
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 955mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes, spinach, peppers, cheese, capers, basil, and beans in a large bowl. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Add pasta, juice, and oil to tomato mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note