Taste delicious as is. Took earlier reviewers advice & rinsed the beans. Served with herbed chicken breast.
Tortellini Pepperoncini Salad
Photo: Karry Hosford
With spicy peppers, sweet cherry tomatoes, earthy beans, and lots of fresh herbs, this well-balanced meatless recipe is a meal in itself. Just serve with a glass of iced tea.
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 955mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes, spinach, peppers, cheese, capers, basil, and beans in a large bowl. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Add pasta, juice, and oil to tomato mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note