Excellent appetizer. I left off the basil vinaigrette and the kids loved it.
Tortellini Caprese Bites
Tortellini Caprese Bites are drizzled with a basil vinaigrette and are so simple to prepare. The no-mess presentation makes these appetizer skewers ideal for parties.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 47 Minutes
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 3 (8-oz.) containers fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
- 60 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- Basil Vinaigrette
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
- 2. Thread 1 tomato half, 1 cheese ball, another tomato half, and 1 tortellini onto each skewer. Place skewers in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Basil Vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Transfer skewers to a serving platter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Discard any remaining vinaigrette.
We tested with Whole Foods Ciliegine Fresh Mozzarella Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note