Tortellini in Brodo
Prep: 6 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes; other: 1 minute
This dish is traditionally served as a special Christmas treat, but refrigerated tortellini and canned broth create a meal that's ready in mere minutes any night of the week. Arugula and two types of pepper add a spicy kick to the broth. Tone down the heat by omitting the crushed red pepper and substituting 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach for the arugula.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 2 3/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh arugula or spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 4 teaspoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add tortellini, and cook the amount of time given by the package directions; do not drain.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in arugula. Let stand 1 minute or until arugula wilts.
- 3. Ladle 1 cup broth-tortellini mixture into each of 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup tomato and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Brodo (BROH-doh) is the Italian word for broth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes