- 2 3/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh arugula or spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 4 teaspoons shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 233
- fat 4.8 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- protein 11.9 g
- carbohydrate 36.6 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 686 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Bring first 3 ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add tortellini, and cook the amount of time given by the package directions; do not drain.
Remove from heat; stir in arugula. Let stand 1 minute or until arugula wilts.
Ladle 1 cup broth-tortellini mixture into each of 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup tomato and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
Brodo (BROH-doh) is the Italian word for broth.