Tortellini and Zucchini Soup
adapted from The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook W-S Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 14 ounce(s) cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 ounce(s) fresh or frozen tortellini, preferably spinach-and-cheese
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) red-wine vinegar
- 1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and onion. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2. Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini is plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the soup just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note