A staple in our house for 10 years. Quick weeknight meal.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups pasta, 4 teaspoons cheese, and 1 teaspoon basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 317
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 856mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh chicken or cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups torn spinach
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add broth, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in spinach.
- Drain pasta, and place in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, and toss well. Serve with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes