A staple in our house for 10 years. Quick weeknight meal.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups pasta, 4 teaspoons cheese, and 1 teaspoon basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 317
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 856mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh chicken or cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups torn spinach
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add broth, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in spinach.
- Drain pasta, and place in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, and toss well. Serve with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note