Your guests have a choice of three sauces to spoon on the oysters.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 fresh kumquats
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 dozen fresh oysters (in the shell)
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Lemon wedges
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat, and add kumquats; simmer 1 minute or until tender. Drain; let cool. Remove seeds, and cut kumquats into thin slices.
- Combine kumquats, lime juice, and ginger, tossing gently to coat. Set aside.
- Stir together vinegar, soy sauce, and shallot.
- Scrub oyster shells, and open, discarding tops. Arrange shell bottoms (containing oysters) over crushed ice on a serving platter. Serve with kumquat sauce, vinegar sauce, Fresh Tomato Salsa, and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note